The WSMA can help physicians and patients navigate the state's new exchange
March 31 is the final deadline to enroll for health coverage and avoid penalties.
Visit our dedicated health benefit exchange resources page at www.wsma.org/health-benefit-exchange. You'll find comprehensive resources for physicians and patients looking to navigate the new benefit.
Membership makes our work possible
1 | Help shape health care policy in Washington state.
2 | Lead efforts to protect patient safety, improve quality and reduce variation in care.
3 | Explore leadership development opportunities.
4 | Continue your professional development.
5 | Enjoy members-only discounts on many services, including liability insurance through Physicians Insurance A Mutual Company.
WSMA Career Center
- Primary care physician wanted, Alaska
- Medical director wanted, Seattle
- Gastroenterologist wanted, Walla Walla
- Manager/administrator wanted, Seattle
- Chief physician officer wanted, Mount Vernon
- Pediatric physicians wanted, Yakima
- Family medicine physician wanted, Yakima
- Executive director wanted Student Medical & Counseling Clinic, Ellensburg
- Family nurse practitioner or physician assistant wanted, Puyallup
- Psychiatric ARNP wanted, Puyallup
Physicians and patients Choosing Wisely
Know Your Choices - Ask Your Doctor is a new campaign about helping patients be more informed about their care decisions. It incorporates three initiatives: the national Choosing Wisely® campaign, the WSMA's ER is for Emergencies campaign, and WSMA's end of life resources.
Visit the campaign webpage for an overview and how you can get involved.
The WSMA has a special commitment to helping patients understand their options at the end of life. On the following pages you'll find information about how to protect your, or your loved one's, preferences for medical treatment at this difficult time in life, as well as efforts in communities across the state to improve end-of-life care.